Nov 11, 2008

11/11/2008 - Pumpkin Pi

For a while there I was going to collect pictures of pretty fall foliage to share with the world; however the camera batteries died, then it rained for 40 days, and in the end I pooped out and did nothing of the sort. I could take said pictures now, but already the state has nearly completed its swift descent into the funky/drab 1970s color scheme that is The Oklahoman Winter Wonderland.

I know other ways to celebrate the season, though - like carving a pumpkin...


And lightin' it up...


And carving a frowney face on the back side, just to cover all the bases:


Scott and I proudly displayed our work on the front porch, not realizing that our pumpkin could never be safe from...



SQUIRREL.

In broad daylight, no less.

(Pumpkin says "Noooooo!")

And so the woodland creatures gnaw away at my artwork.

In the meantime I have perfected the loftier task of straining steamed spinach. Now I can enjoy this delicious side dish without the murky green juice tainting the rest of my meal. 

So beware the squirrels. Let me know if you have any questions about spinach. And a happy fall to ya. 

1 comment:

Leah said...

Bahahahha, that is hilarious. Your pumpkin looks like Mr. Bill in that pic w/ the squirrel.